MSSA will award a $1500 scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year to a graduate student enrolled in a health and human service related program. Applicants must have at least two semesters of college remaining during the 2017-2018 school year.
The applicants will be judged upon the following criteria:
- Has been accepted for admission, or is currently enrolled, in a graduate education program in the health and human services field
- Can demonstrate how s/he plans to use their degree in the health and human service field
- Is enrolled in a Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota or South Dakota college/university
- Possesses the ability to successfully complete the chosen course of study
- Demonstrate financial need
The Board of Directors, through the Membership and Diversity Committee is the administering body for the MSSA Scholarship Program. The review and selection of applicants is managed by the Awards and Scholarship Chair, as appointed by the MSSA President.
To apply applicants must provide the following:
- Complete answers to the questions on the application form
- A copy of most recent college transcript demonstrating the applicant received at least a 3.0 grade point average (unofficial transcripts will be accepted)
- Two (2) letters of reference
It is not necessary to be a MSSA member to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship application must be received by the MSSA office between April 1, 2017 and May 20, 2017.
Scholarship recipients will be published in various MSSA communications, including (but not limited to) the membership newsletter, website, and social media. Scholarship recipients will be asked to submit verification of attendance for the fall semester 2017.
Contact Beth Ringer at email@example.com or 651-789-4328 with questions.